Why should you read this document?
When we provide services to your business or to a business with whom you are associated as guarantor (the “Business”) we will need to gather information about your personal circumstances (Your Personal Data). This may include us searching the files of one or more credit agencies.
This document is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data.
What do we mean by “Your Personal Data”?
Your Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date or birth, National Insurance number. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
In the context of providing you with assistance in relation to your finance requirements Your Personal Data may include:
- Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, addresses and documents that are necessary to verify your identity
- Employment and remuneration information, (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/other benefits), employment history
- Bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure, family circumstances and details of dependents
- Any pre-existing finance products and the terms and conditions relating to these
The basis upon which our Company will deal with Your Personal Data
When we speak with you we do so on the basis that your Business has applied for finance and wishes to enter into a contract for the supply of services and/or credit.
In order to perform that contract, and to arrange the products your Business requires, we have the right to use Your Personal Data.
Alternatively, either in the course of initial discussions with you or when the contract between us and the Business has come to an end for whatever reason, we have the right to use Your Personal Data provided it is in our legitimate business interest to do so and your rights are not affected.
On occasion, we will use Your Personal data for contractual responsibilities we may owe or for wider compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we might be subject. In such circumstances, we would be processing Your Personal Data in order to meet a legal, compliance or other regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
How do we collect Your Personal Data?
We will collect and record Your Personal Data from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information during the course of our initial meetings or conversations with you to establish your circumstances and needs and preferences in relation to finance. You will provide information to us verbally and in writing, including email.
We may also obtain some information from third parties, for example, credit checks, information from your employer, and searches of information in the public domain such as the voters roll. We may use technology solutions to assist in the collection of Your Personal Data for example software that is able to verify your credit status.
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognises information regarding the domain or e-mail address. We collect aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, user-specific information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded, used to improve the content of our Web page, used to notify consumers about updates to our Web site, shared with other reputable organisations to help them contact consumers for marketing purposes, not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies. Upon request we provide site visitors with access to contact information (e.g. name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them. Consumers can access this information by writing to us at our postal address. Upon request we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information. Consumers can have this information corrected by sending us e-mail at email@example.com.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
What happens to Your Personal Data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
- Record and store Your Personal Data in our paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our Company and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service
- We may collect, store and use information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation); information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website; information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, email address and phone number); information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and newsletters (including your name and email address); any other information that you choose to send to us to enable us to provide the services you have enquired about or requested.
- Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any finance products you may take out, or to inform you of any developments in relation to those products and/or polices of which we might become aware
- Subject to your having consented, we might also use it to make your aware of products or services that are made available to our Company from time to time that we think may be of interest to you in the future. We propose to do this by any of the E-Marketing means, using contact information you have provided to us. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will only be shared with our funders and not any other third party and for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, i.e. to progress finance enquiries and to provide.
It is shared to ensure we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Privacy Notice.
Security and retention of Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us.
We generally keep the personal information we use for at least six years after the end of any facility which we make available/arrange for you (or any connected company) or from the date you (or such connected company) last used one of our services. In some circumstances we will hold personal information for longer than stated above where we believe that this is necessary for active or potential legal proceedings or to resolve or defend claims.
Your Personal Data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format..
Your right to object
You have a right to object to our processing your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
You also have the right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you or processing your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
Your other rights in relation to Your Personal Data
- request copies of Your Personal Data that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
How to make contact with our Company in relation to the use of Your Personal Data
If you have any questions or comments about this document, or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact the Data Protection Officer at 9 Osier Way, Olney Office Park, Olney, Buckinghamshire, MK46 5FP
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action, it in a different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK's data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.